Water Safety Personnel
The Bay and Basin Community Nippers Club is dedicated to providing fun, valuable water experiences that are safe. When our Nippers enter the water there must be water safety personnel (WSP) in the water with them.
To be a part of the Water Safety Team you must be a financial member, complete the working with children check and complete the minimum qualification the Surf Rescue Certificate.
Working With Children Check.
There is no cost to volunteers for completing the working with children check and the process consists of;
- visit kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au and apply online
- Visit RMS to verify identification
- Receive WWCC number
- Notify club by emailing WWCC number to firstname.lastname@example.org
Water Safety Personnel must complete, at a minimum, the Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC).
- Must be at least 13 years of age
- Must have completed a 200m swim in 5min or less
The SRC course content includes;
- Safety and Wellbeing (WHS)
- Surf awareness and skills
- First Aid
- Rescue Techniques
- Beach Management
Physical Assessments include;
- Run Swim Run. – Complete a 100m run, 100m swim and 100m run within 5 min.
- Perform a tube rescue for a person in distress
- Perform a board rescue for a person in distress
- Perform contact tows
All training is free of charge.
Interesting in joining the water safety team?